Sunday, September 13, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

We have some good friends coming in town this week! They will be with us Tuesday-Sunday. I'm not exactly sure what our schedule will look like during their stay, so I'm going to be as planned as possible while having a very fluid schedule :).

I'll either do my normal grocery trip or wait and talk it over once they get here to see what we'll do and then go. Our friend is also a fabulous cook, so maybe I'll wait and talk it over with her.

I'm planning on 5 meals this week since I know we'll be going into NYC one day and possibly to our favorite restaurant around here one night too. I'm not going to put them on any particular day, so here they are.

  • Chicken Cacciatore (a friend made this for us last week and it was SO good)
  • Curried lentils - we never had this last week, so it's up again this week :)
  • Chicken or veggie tacos - black beans, re-fried beans, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, maybe avocado, peppers
  • Penne with Tuna & Red Onion (and salad)
  • Sandwiches on homemade bread - with rotisserie chicken, avocado (if I get it at the store), onion, cheese, maybe peppers (we'll see :))

Lunches - any combination of the below
  • Pb & j on wheat bread
  • Cucumbers & carrots
  • Egg salad sandwiches
  • Cut up fruit or fruit smoothie
  • Leftovers
Grocery List
  • Bell Peppers (for 2 meals)
  • Mushrooms
  • Tomato Sauce
  • Tomatoes
  • Cheese
  • Sour cream
  • Pinto beans
  • Red onion (1)
  • Small 1/2 & 1/2
  • 2 Cans tuna
  • Rotisserie chicken - although I'll probably wait to get it on the day we eat it
I also need
  • chili powder
  • conditioner
  • dish rag
  • toilet paper
  • yeast
Other Meal Plans over at Organizing Junkie!

2 comments: