Wednesday, September 9, 2009

From my view

Yesterday felt like we've gotten into the swing of things again. Additional jobs have been started and we are back into our old place. It's great to be home, but I'm also missing our lack of schedule, regular walks along the beach, having picnics by the water, and being with family (both over the summer and then recently too).

Having said that, it's been great to see friends and live in such sweet community. We are also getting back to some of the things we haven't done for a few months. Here is what today looked like.

Grinding sesame seeds for hummus

Evee eating grape tomatoes while I worked on the hummus

Reading (that's Evee's head). I heard "rock me mama" a lot today and "I want to lay on your arm". Loved it.

Weeding. We obviously hadn't done this since we've moved in :). This is a small section of the whole that was weeded. Clint did the bulk of it, but it was fun and looks great now.

Same spot - after.


Back to cooking beans and baking bread. I have a new favorite recipe from the More-With-Less Cookbook for a wonderful bread recipe. It may become a weekly thing. And, it's a no knead bread. SO good.

In the midst of the busyness that comes with school, work, and home life - I am determined to keep my mind set of the summer. To be open, at peace, and choose simplicity as the opportunity presents itself.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this friend - let yourself (and the craft) continue. :) I'm going to need that bread recipe. Missing you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie, I've been keeping up with your blog for a little while now and love this thought you've shared - the idea of keeping your "summer mind set" even throughout all the busyness, activity and responsibility that comes with life. Choosing simplicity whenever possible. We've been living in Manhattan for almost a year, and I sometimes miss the simple and pretty peaceful life we left in Australia. But your post has been a lovely reminder for me! Thanks, Jess Cleaver...remember me from Riverside?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sould have signed the comment above...makes it look like Steve likes to craft. :) Love, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee - :) Too funny. Although Steve is so at ease with himself, if he did craft, he would have been fine writing that.

    And Jess! Hey! How are you? We are so close to you now (really, just an hour) and come into NYC every once in awhile to visit a good friend. I had heard you were living there. I'd love to catch up. E-mail me if you can - jamieussher@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these thoughts, Jamie. And, I love you. What a great wife and mom you are!

    ReplyDelete