Monday, February 16, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

Another week of our meals! Check out the other meal plans for the week at Organizing Junkie! Last week we had a lot of leftovers, so it worked out really well for lunches and leftover night. I might even have some soup to freeze.

As always, the goal for each week is to get everything for $50 or less. I'll report in Tuesday with the totals! I will also be adding some great pdf helps to the side (Grocery list and Meal plan sheets).

Breakfasts - eggs, toast, yogurt, cereal, fruit
Lunches - hummus, pita, tuna, leftovers

Monday - Monday night date night...this doesn't usually include going out, but will this week because it's when we are celebrating Valentine's Day! So, another expense even though we are trying to bare-bones it. Thankfully, though, we won't be paying for a sitter because we date swap many weeks with friends.
Tuesday - Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches (on bread or pita) with veggies - bought the large pack of meat last week so have it for 4 - 6 more dinners!
Wednesday - "Noodles & Gravy" with veggies - I already have the beef for this
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Fish tacos - already have the fish from forever ago in the freezer & really need to use!
Saturday - Egg Salad Sandwiches
Sunday - Quesadillas

Shopping Lists
  • Yogurt
  • Bread
  • Cereal
  • Cheese
  • Eggs
  • Fruit
  • Chickpeas
  • Whole Wheat Pita Shells
  • BBQ Sauce
  • Mushrooms
  • Egg noodles
  • 1/2 & 1/2
  • Onion
  • Oranges
  • Mushrooms
  • Egg Noodles
  • Taco Shells
  • Coco (for brownies :))
  • On sale veggies

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jamie! You really help me try and stay thrifty each week with my shopping which can be hard to do for a foodie like myself.. Guess what---I got all mine for 19 bucks this week. I was soo proud of myself! Seriously difficult to go into the store and get 19 bucks worth of stuff and walk out with no extras.. but I did it! Yay for me!---using what we have in the cupboard and freezer and from canning all summer --also alot of scratch baking. The only "treat" was a bag of apples out of that 19 because I really had a hankering for some apple pie!

    ReplyDelete