Some of the meals we've had to make it easier are "Noodles & Gravy" and chicken - both in the crock pot. Tuesday and Thursday afternoons Evee and I don't get home until later and Clint tries to study, so I've been trying to do more in the crockpot those days. I'm hoping to do even more in the crock pot because it is so easy!
Here are the recipes for those 2 meals if any one is interested.
"Noodles & Gravy"
Into the crockpot, put...
- Round Steak (usually I can get this for $2 or $3/lb. depending on sales)
- Sprinkle with season salt, if you want
- Top with cream of mushroom soup (off brand or I do have a recipe for mushroom sauce)
- Serve with mashed potatoes or noodles (we usually use egg noodles, but you could do whole wheat pasta too) and vegetables.
Chicken in Crockpot
I'm sure everyone knows this one, but just in case...
- I just put the vegetables we had on hand in - potatoes, carrots, onion.
- Chicken in pieces (or whole chicken if it fits and you need it). It's cheaper to buy chicken on the bone (a lot cheaper). I put three fairly small pieces of chicken on the bone in the crockpot.
- Topped with different seasonings - oregano, thyme, parsley, garlic, etc.
- Then pour 1/2 - 1 cup of water or chicken broth over it.
Friday I will post another great interview about organizing for "organizing week". It's a good one...