One of the little things was flying with Evee for a long period of time...like from the far east coast to CA to Sydney, Australia...alone. Plus, the day of the great breakdown, she was running a solid fever and I just wasn't sure which way we were going with it. (Turns out, she is back to her normal self and doing wonderfully. I think she's just thrilled to be off the couch and able to run around.) Note: I shared a bit in this post that we are heading over to Clint's family for his brother's wedding and to see everyone! It will be great! Clint will be meeting up with us after his January class is finished.
Anyway, it's made me think of a few things - deeper things, like anger, what to do with frustration, how to not say mean and hurtful things when I'm dwelling completely on myself...you know, just little stuff like that :).
Practically speaking about the situation with Evee, I'm thinking about how to best prepare myself for a good 24 hour travel experience with my daughter (Clint, thankfully, will be with us on the way back). If anyone has suggestions (tried or not), I'm open to hearing them, but I also leave in a few hours so most of you may be reading this when we are on our way to the airport.
So, here's what I'm thinking
- The sling! This got us through the quick trip to the Midwest for Christmas - it saved us because she fell asleep in it while waiting at the airport in Chicago
- Umbrella stroller - because she is almost 2 years old and gets heavy for long periods of time in the sling! Or, I'll end up using it to push our bags as I hold her in the sling :)
- Books - avid little reader
- Little things we have here at the house or can get super cheap - like I shared in this post
- Possibly a portable dvd player, if I can borrow from someone...we'll see
- The ice in the drinks that they pass out - it's worked for us in the past at least! She likes to eat it if the pieces are small enough
- Coloring - my mom got her this great little purse looking thing for Christmas that holds the crayons and the paper
- Walking around - I am thankful that we can walk the isles on the long flight and that she's old enough to do so
So, wow, this was a very heavy and light post - all in one!
Oh, and I have some posts saved up for when I'm gone and I'm sure that I'll try to post a bit once we arrive as well!