Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Some days are tough, am I right?  It is a quiet, cloudy day.  Perfectly how I feel.  I'm sure it's due to a bit of tiredness with a bit of sickness that has been hanging on a bit too long, but still...
 
However, things that made today good (I literally started this list this morning to keep perspective...oh yes)...

A silly skype chat with friends (or did this make it sadder...not sure).

Finding black beans (!!!).  You have no idea.  Weeks without them and not able to find them as dried beans (or even as plain canned beans).  Finally went to the organic grocer down the road.  Black beans in bulk!  I'm thinking avocado, rice, salsa, my own cilantro.  Very happy.

It is really a warm beautiful day.

Evee and Iris - optimistic and gracious.  So easily forgiving.  Clint too.

Music...always good for the soul.

Sweet messages from friends.

Making muffins.  And when I suggest tidying up so that we can sit and eat and relax, Evee jumps in to help and suggests we sit and read while eating muffins.  Yes, perfect.

And when we stopped by a friend's house to pick up the sweater Evee left there, I found out about a curtain sale.  My friend told me to leave the girls and quick go have a look.  What?!  Okay.  Amazing.

Sitting next to Clint on the couch tonight, crocheting washcloths and being together, even if we are just watching shows we love from the States.

And that rocking chair.  Oh that chair.  Every time I sit in it I feel peace.  Rocking Iris before naps and before bed.  Thanks mom...

And that's why I made the list...truth and perspective.

  Hoping for the best of days for you all...

3 comments:

  1. Ah, keeping perspective. That was my word for 2011 :). Love you so much and missing all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great list!! Days like that can be hard! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this list! Missing you!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete