Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I hold her and we rock.  The motion is soothing and she cuddles up on my chest.

Before naps we read and sing, but at night we simply sing.  The room is dark.  We can't see each other.  She reaches her hand to the top of my head.  She starts getting silly, even though its dark, even though she is tired. 

Then back to putting her head against me and soft singing.  Sometimes she joins in, humming along to the one song she has always been sung...about our love for her. 

I find the night redemptive.  No matter what the day has brought, as I sit in that chair and rock that girl or sometimes both girls...there is peace, stillness, gratitude.
The other day we hiked around a bit.  Evee led us to random lookouts.  She helped me to deeply enjoy the beauty around us...to take time. 

I was reminded that life is short, but it is not to be rushed, not to feel hurried.  Moments are to be lived.

3 comments:

  1. What sweet girls. Missing you so much.

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love! I, too, remember rocking being such a soothing quiet time. Glad you find solace in that rocker :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful imagery here Jamie.

    I find the nights redemptive too, as we lay together reading books and talking about our favorite parts of the day.

    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete