Tuesday, January 3, 2012

earthquakes

There's been another wave of earthquakes in Christchurch.  Did you know this?  I'm sure many don't keep up with all that's happening there but, for us, their reality will soon be ours. 

It's also a lot easier to imagine what a 4 year old child in Christchurch must feel when your own 4 year old expresses her fear and you feel it in your own heart too. 

But, then our conversation moves to what we hope to be apart of...the rebuilding of a city.  Last night, this was our conversation...bits of fear and bits of hope.  With the encouragement of a friend, Evee sang a song over and over, one that she made up.
What's gonna work? Teamwork! // What's gonna work?  Teamwork! // What's gonna work? Teamwork! // If we all work together, and boom, this city's up! 
There's been a song running through my own head over the last few months.  I believe it's words and it puts my heart at rest.
Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, 
and to take him at his word; 
just to rest upon his promise, 
and to know, "Thus saith the Lord." 

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him! 
How I've proved him o'er and o'er! 
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! 
O for grace to trust him more! 

O how sweet to trust in Jesus, 
just to trust his cleansing blood; 
and in simple faith to plunge me 
neath the healing, cleansing flood! 

Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus, 
just from sin and self to cease; 
just from Jesus simply taking 
life and rest, and joy and peace. 

I'm so glad I learned to trust thee, 
precious Jesus, Savior, friend; 
and I know that thou art with me, 
wilt be with me to the end.