Friday, December 30, 2011

happy new year

I do realize this is my first post in a week.  We are enjoying our days, which go by quickly.  I'm missing the moments to ponder and write, but life is going on all around and there is nothing to be missed.

The moments make my heart full.
:: Christmas together with my siblings, parents and sweet grandparents
:: seeing dear friends
:: going to Margot's river and sharing of her together
:: all of us, together in the midst of the everyday - meals, naps, playing, talking
:: hula hooping...oh yes, I've finally learned how
:: sharing stories and memories, particularly about my grandparents and their 60 years together
:: laughter and tears; there is something tender about being together as a family

(If you would like to see some very dear pictures of our Christmas happenings, they are on Josh's blog.)

On this last day of 2011 there is much uncertainty and a bit of awkwardness to our lives right now.  However, I know we are exactly where we want to be and I love that.  On our best days we dream about the life we hope and strive for and live it out as best as we can.  I'm looking forward to the year ahead...all the potentials.

Much love to each of you.  Thanks for sharing in our journey.  

Happy New Year.