Friday, December 3, 2010

cake

If I wasn't making this chocolate ganache cake for every possible occasion I'd probably be losing my baby weight faster.  But then again, you need a chocolate ganache cake for a work meeting, right?

I thought I'd share the recipe here just in case, you too, would like to share in the obsession.  Your welcome and I'm sorry :).  Really, it's a super fun cake to make for special occasions!

You can find the recipe here.  It looks much more daunting than it actually is. 
Then, I made the following changes
  • I used regular white flour instead of cake flour, but added 2 tbsp. of corn starch
  • I used regular milk instead of buttermilk
  • I made it with 2 round cake pans instead of the metal dry measure cups.  I stacked one on top of the other with ganache in the middle
  • I made extra ganache
  • For the ganache I put 2-4 tbsp butter with a lot of chocolate chips (maybe 8 oz.) and microwaved it together until it was smooth when mixed.  THEN I added the half and half (or heavy cream).  I whisked it together...it takes a minute to combine (don't worry), but I find this way much easier than what they suggested.  This is something I took from a friend's ganache recipe. 
  • I put the ganache in between the cakes and then more for the top and sides.
I put it in the fridge when it's done because I like the chocolate ganache to get hard. 

I added real whipped cream on the side.  And, if you have raspberries, they are an amazing addition! 

So good...very fattening, but very good for a special treat (on special and not as special occasions!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment