Thursday, January 14, 2010

Yesterday I helped out and attended the funeral of a 12 year old boy.  It feels almost absurd to sit at a funeral for such a young one.

It makes you think...about how short life can be...how we don't know when our last day here will be...what we are about...what it is we treasure in life. 

At 12 years of age, the many people who knew this young boy could tell you what he was about, what kind of life he lived, what kind of person he was... 

I've been planning to write about a post about taking time to sit, be, and not do.  To not strive, but enjoy.  Today only reminded me to do those things more and more.  Instead of feeling motivated to "do something amazing with my life" it was just another gentle reminder for me - to be more present in each moment and in the everyday things...and with those that I treasure most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment