Monday, April 27, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

There are posts I keep wanting to write and am not getting to them! For now I stick, for sure, to Meal Plan Monday and the Follow up, but beyond that is just when I have time. However, I'd really like to finish the post series on 3 Big Questions and then write more about money saving in other areas. A friend had left a comment a few posts ago about what we do as far as clothes and stuff for our home... So, at some point, I'll post more of that stuff. Maybe this summer, which is quickly approaching!

Evee's party went really well on Friday. We went with brownies and ice cream :). I'll put up a post later today on the little gift I made for her with pictures.

As for some meal planning excitement - This past weekend a friend told me that Trader Joe's will be coming to our area soon! She and I both looked into it further and it sounds like it is very true! So, hopefully sometime this summer, but the location and date are still not certain.

I am THRILLED! When we first moved here, I even posted about how much I missed and love Trader Joe's and then e-mailed TJ's just to let them know! :). So, hopefully this fall, we'll be back into swing with shopping at Trader Joe's. I'll have to look at the budget when TJ's comes and set one that is still really low, but realistic for shopping there. It is worth it to us, even if it means upping the budget a bit. It's just such a quality company and they strive for excelence at great prices. Ok - enough of my Trader Joe's tanget.

This week's meal plan...

Breakfasts
- Piece of fruit or smoothie, eggs & toast or cereal
Lunches - Bread & peanut butter, fruit or smoothie (depending on what we had for breakfast), veggie (cucumber, carrots, etc.), noodles & cheese or leftovers
Snacks - homemade popcorn, cheese & crackers, fruit, cookies and/or brownies

Meals -
Monday - Beef Roast, roasted squash, potatoes (using the last of the frozen meat)
Tuesday - Curried Lentils
Wednesday - Pinto Bean Soup
Thursday - Grilled Salmon & veggies
Friday - Taco night with friends
Saturday - Leftovers
Sunday - Wegman's Frozen Pizza

Shopping Lists - Wegman's
  • Eggs
  • Fruit - whatevers on sale
  • Bananas
  • Brocolli
  • Carrots
  • Bread
  • Cheese
  • Brown Sugar
  • Bacon
  • Cereal
  • Toothpaste
  • Tissues
  • Deoderant
  • Butter
  • Bagels
  • Cream Cheese
My estimation this week? $32 - I'll report in!

Have a great week and don't forget to check out the other meal plans over at Organizing Junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment