Monday, March 23, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

I love the challenge of keeping everything for the month under $200 - toiletries, diapers, all food and staple items! This week's planning has shown me, even more so, that it can become a game. I've always wanted to use up everything in my cupboards and we will essentially be doing that this week!

Every week has differences from one to the next. As for this week, we will be hosting an "Australia night" with lamb roast, side dishes, and wine. We are happy to be sharing Clint's favorite dish with friends. Also, Clint is gone through Wednesday, so that makes Monday and Tuesday's meals a bit easier as far as meal prep and amount.

Plan for the week...

Breakfasts - eggs, toast (I'll make my own bread this week), cereal, fruit
Lunches - hummus w/ pita, noodles with cheese, leftovers
Snacks - homemade popcorn, cheese & crackers, fruit

Meals -
Monday - Beans & veggies with rice
Tuesday - Egg Burritos (Veggies in the burritos)
Wednesday - Potato Soup (I'm adding frozen corn to it this time as well on a recommendation of a friend - thanks Holly!)
Thursday - Tuna Melts w/ veggies
Friday - Lamb Roast, veggies, homemade bread, potatoes
Saturday - Leftovers
Sunday - Vegetable Soup (already in freezer)

Shopping Lists
  • Flour
  • Lamb
  • Cheese
  • Fruit
  • Eggs
  • Carrots
  • Green beans
  • Coffee
My estimate is about $46 and then add a bit more for wine beyond that. We'll see how we do when I report in tomorrow!

Check out the other meal plans for the week at Organizing Junkie! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Jamie,

    I have noticed that you often have 'noodles & cheese' as a lunch option. What is that? It sounds good!
    I so enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete