Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Easy Granola Recipe

I'm not grocery shopping till tomorrow, so I don't have my "follow up" today on the price and any changes to the list. I will have that for you tomorrow though!

Today I thought I'd share an easy granola recipe. I've tried a few different recipes to make granola that have been good, but this is the one I have a picture for :), so thought I'd pass it on.

Ingredients
  • 4 cups oats
  • 1 1/2 cup almonds (or however many or whatever kind of nut you have)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups dried cranberry (again however much and whatever kind of dried fruit you have)
  • 1/4 cup wheat germ (if you have it and want the extra nutrients)
Instructions
  • Turn oven to 300 degrees
  • Put into saucepan - oil, honey and vanilla - heat on low-med heat till warm
  • Mix dry ingredients together except dried fruit
  • Pour oil/honey/vanilla mix over dry mix and mix together
  • Spread onto baking sheet(s) - put on sheet to where sides go (about 1/2 inch or so)
  • Bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring ever 10 minutes
  • Put into container that can be sealed, add the dried fruit, and mix


No comments:

Post a Comment