Thursday, March 5, 2009

Meal Plan Follow Up

Today was our shopping trip for the week - Wednesday instead of Monday. My week has felt out of whack a bit (but not just because I shopped today instead of Monday - I'm not that intense :)).

Changes/additions to the list
  • Bagels are becoming a regular...so, we'll ride it out till we get sick of them or don't have money in the budget.
  • We got bananas and apples for fruit this week
Sadly, I realized after coming home that we will soon be out of coffee. This is sad in general, but also sad because I can't tell you the last time I bought coffee! Literally, we've been getting it from friends who worked at coffee places and we'd had stockpile over the last couple months. Now, it is coming to an end. So, you'll be seeing that addition to our grocery list now. I'll be running out to get that some time in the next day or 2.

In the end, we spent $31.10 for everything! Not bad!

Also, I didn't make chicken roast tonight like was on the meal plan. Honestly, I remembered that I was going to make it a couple of time during the day and then never put it in the oven. By the time it really hit me that I was making that for dinner it was too late to get it roasted. I'll be roasting the chicken tomorrow and then going with the other meals to use the leftover chicken.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I've got an award for you over at my blog. Come check it out :) www.theordinaryhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete