Monday, March 2, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

Another week of meal planning!

As always, the goal for each week is to get everything for $50 or less. I'll report in on Tuesday with the totals! And, don't forget to check out the helpful tools on the right side of the blog - Grocery list and Meal plan sheets. You can just open and print them off.

Breakfasts, lunches, and snacks generally stay the same :), but here's the list anyway...

Breakfasts - eggs, toast, yogurt, cereal, fruit
Lunches - hummus w/ pita, quesadillas, leftovers
Snacks - homemade popcorn, cheese & crackers, fruit

I had already written Monday & Tuesday last week since I won't get to the grocery store until Wednesday, but will write them again today. Plus, I think we are joining friends for dinner once Evee and I are back from our weekend away. The other meals for the rest of the week are all going to come from a chicken I'm going to roast on Wednesday. Using leftover chicken, I'm creating the other meals - but the meals are each unique!

Monday - Dinner with friends
Tuesday - Frozen pizza on sale last week at Wegman's
Wednesday - Roasted Chicken
Thursday - Chicken tortilla soup
Friday - Chicken pockets (I'll make the "shell" from scratch)
Saturday - Stir fry
Sunday - Left overs

Shopping Lists
  • Yogurt
  • Eggs
  • Bread
  • Chick peas
  • Pita
  • Cheese
  • Fruit - whatever is on sale
  • Whole chicken
  • Fresh veggies - green beans, broccoli (on sale) (have carrots already)
  • Garlic
  • Cream cheese
  • Can diced tomatoes
  • Frozen corn
  • 1/2 & 1/2
Possibly (need to check when I return home)
  • Crackers
  • Milk
  • Cereal
Happy meal planning to you this week! Check out the other meal plans for the week at Organizing Junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment