Okay, now for the "helps" along the way...
- Sling - Evee is really heavy now! Even though I brought the stroller, she was in the sling a lot due to being overly tired. I said it before we left and I'll say it again - I LOVE the sling!
- We did find a dvd player and borrowed it from a friend! It was really nice to have and also helped in the first couple of days after arriving, when we were jet lagged and I wanted to hang in bed just a bit longer (or do e-mails or skype with Clint & my mom). It helped her be a bit relaxed and was wonderful to know that I could use it as a last resort.
- The fact that she now sleeps on me. Even though she had to be on my lap the entire way and my legs fell asleep frequently, it was nice that she will now fall asleep on me when she's really tired. When we did this same trip at 10 months of age she wouldn't sleep on us and it was not fun trying to let her "cry it out" a bit on a very crowded plane!
- Coloring items. Coloring books, crayons, paper, etc. For some reason we can go back to this again and again...doesn't get old too easily.
- Snacks were good, like suggested. I had stocked up on some Trader Joe's ends and pieces (all the bits from the cut fruit leathers so they are cheaper). If you can get your hands on these they are amazing, but often hard to find!
- Frogs - these were one of the cheap toys that we'd gotten from my friend. Evee loves these and talks about them all the time. They are just squishy little frogs in different colors.
I'm glad to have Clint with Evee and I on the way home!