Wednesday, December 14, 2011

the Grubb's

We are on our way...making our way to Indiana, then to California, then to Australia before arriving in New Zealand.  It will be a journey, that is for sure.  Today felt like a long drive and tomorrow will be much longer.  Then, flights from there...
We stopped in at my grandparent's house in PA for the night.  It's sweet to see them each time we visit.  I always leave there thinking about farming.  It must be in our family's blood.  I think about my siblings and how we are drawn to it, somehow, in our own way.  I also think about rhythm.  So much of my grandparent's lives are similar to what it was years ago and what will be next time we visit.  There is consistency and it brings comfort. 

We got to see all my cousins and aunts and uncles as well.  It felt like such a treat since it can be hard to get everyone together at one time. 
(Really I'm just posting these for my family who I know will love to see glimpses of family in Pennsylvania.  It would have been something to all be there.)