Thursday, September 29, 2011

We leave in December, head for New Zealand, land there in January.  In these moments, here and now, we've been sitting across tables, talking with friends, sharing our vision, asking for partnership.

To be quite honest, most days the task is overwhelming.  All that is unknown can diminish what is known.

And yet, I am regularly surprised.

...in the fact that people listen, care about others - us, but even those they don't know
...the amazing people we talk to and their desire to bring love and hope to others and the way in which they are involved in this process, unique to each person
...in each conversation, as we share stories, I am reminded of God's faithfulness and his guidance thus far
...how His strength is made perfect in our weakness and how my strength comes from quietness and rest in Him

For as unnerving as this process is, asking people to pray and give for the church plant in New Zealand, I have found much beauty in each conversation.  My own passion for the journey we are on is fueled by sharing and listening. 

Ultimately, I am thankful for these intentional conversations.  They bring hope and remind me of Jesus, who gives peace.