Friday, September 30, 2011

goodbye subaru


I know it's not a big deal, but our car got picked up yesterday.  To go to a junk yard.  I got $400 in $10 bills for it.  Can I just say I'm kind of sad?

We only needed it to last till December...just another 2 1/2 months.  But, alas, it started making crazy noises.  We took it into the repair shop.  The transmission is dying.  It will cost more than our car is worth to fix it.

Thankfully there was a short term solution (thanks dad and mom; and again SO sorry Jules).

The Subaru was so perfect for the time we had it...wonderful for our family.  I loved this car.  As I saw it drive away I felt quite nostalgic.

Granted, we were going to sell it in December anyway, but I assumed it would be going in a happier way...not broken down and no longer of use.  Evee says the wheels look sad in this picture.  Anyway...