Friday, September 23, 2011

NYC for passports

We applied for the girls' Australian passports yesterday...in the city...in person.

There are only 7 places in all 50 states to which you can apply, so really, I am thankful that one of those locations is a relatively short train ride away. 


Even with the effort of getting into the city, traveling by train for a total of 4 hours for a 30 minute "appointment" (dropping off of documents and the application), it will be nice when in the end 3 out of the 4 of us will have 2 passports. 

I am thankful that Emilie came with us (thank you!) and I'm thankful that Evee thought it was a fun day in the the city, even though it was basically a train ride there and back (which is pretty fun). 


Last night at dinner Evee said that she felt like she was still on the train.  As I laid in bed, I felt the same. 

I put Iris in the tub to wash the city off her feet and she pooped while in the tub. 

Now we leave to pick Clint up after he's been in Canada for the week.  And that makes me happy.