Monday, May 2, 2011

I sit at Clint's desk.  He's out for a run. 
I think music might help get the dishes done. 
There is a dull crying.  Overly tired Iris tries to sleep. 
I pick a happy song. 
Instead of feeling motivation I slump in his chair. 
There is the crying, the dishes, the chores for this day. 
And I am tired. 

We turn a corner. 
I put on the whole soothing album. 
I put on the hot water. 
The crying has subsided. 
Evee is quietly coloring and I will do the dishes.
The tasks will most likely be accomplished.
Thankful for the quiet peace of this moment...if only for a moment. 

I sit to type up this post. 
I read the latest post from my sweet brother. 
My brother and his wife who lost their baby just over a month ago. 
Words fail me to leave a comment. 
The pain, grief, sorry, anger is not known to me. 

I remember that life is a gift.  That gift has been stolen too soon, too early for them. 
And life hurts. 
I'm sorry...the only words that always come to mind. 
And somehow I see perspective in the hurting of others, with others. 
Peace.  It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work.  It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.       (unknown author)

No comments:

Post a Comment