This was the only time I've ever run with my sister. I decided that if I didn't love running, while running with my sister who loves running and talked about her love of it in a city that was fun to see...I'll probably never really love to run.
I do like to walk. (My dad taught me to walk fast early on.) Truly, I like it. I don't get bored. I can think or talk while doing it. It can happen anytime, anywhere.
For a few months now I've gotten back into walking regularly. I walk at night.
Here are all the reasons I think I love it.
- Even if it's cold outside, it is not a shock to my system. By night I've already been out for the day.
- It's dark. I walk in a safe place. I like that no one really sees me.
- I can easily give it a half hour or more after the girls are in bed. There is no time crunch and I'm not wishing that I could stay in bed (like I would if walking in the morning).
- I can process through my day.
- If walking alone I often think or write in my head.
- There is a crispness to the air and I notice the stars and moon.
- It is peaceful. The busyness of the day is over.
- Sometimes a friend comes with. I love this.
- It gives my night perspective. I think I use my nights better.