Thursday, January 6, 2011

January

I've been going through closets, throwing stuff out, and tidying up.

At first I thought it was because I'm moving along within the infant stage (6 months old this month!).
Or the simple fact that I've left my house unmaintained for months now.
Or the knowledge that we will be leaving the country in a year's time (and moving from this specific spot in no more than 6 months). 

But, looking back and looking at others doing the same, this must be the time of year these things are done.

I went through the many, many clothes we'd collected for the girls (the ONLY downside of hand-me-downs and free stuff...I don't end up going through it to see if it will truly be worn).  Clint and I had also gathered a vast number of clothes (in the same donated fashion) that we weren't wearing.  They were taking up space in our closet and overwhelming the good pieces that (come to find out) were present!

Today is beautiful outside.  A bit of snow, lots of sunshine, and a decent temperature for January.  However, in the end, we don't always get a whole lot of time to go out in between naps.  I find that we either spend entire days out or entire days in.  It all works out in the end, I guess.  Time to get house stuff done.

January must be meant for going through, dwindling down, giving away, and simplifying.  I wonder if I will feel the same in the January warmth that's present in the southern hemisphere...hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment