Tuesday, December 14, 2010

so many things

There are many things about this season that are lovely...to be sweetly enjoyed.

It seems I'm seeing Christmas for the first time this year...in 2 ways.

One, in actually anticipating the birth of Christ.  I don't know if I've ever felt the anticipation like I am this year...only to grow more and more I'm sure. 

The other is experiencing it with a 3 year old and a newborn.  I feel more settled as a family this year.  We are getting to know ourselves better...who our particular family is.  It's nice.  We try something out...maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

I think we will grow into who we are more and more.  This is an encouraging thought.

This year I think of all the things that would be nice to do.  Presents that would be fun to make, good to give.  And we have done some of that.  But, if I think about starting now to do all the rest that seems fun and it will simply be stressful, not fun.

So I will keep this in mind.  And allow us to grow into what we look like in this Christmas season.

For this year, we will keep it simple.  We will sink into the few traditions that we are starting.  We will go slow, love where we are at and what we are doing, and be at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment