Friday, April 2, 2010

saying goodbye

A dear friend who lives a bit away, but close enough is moving.  Although there is much I could say about this friend, I keep it to share for her.  

What I wanted to share here, though, is something that Evee and I made for her.  A very fun process indeed.
We made postcards for her - they are ready to be written on and addressed.  

Then we made a "thankfulness journal" with recycled paper and bound it. 
Then sewed a carrier for these things with a spot on one side for the postcards and on the other side for the journal with a way to enclose it all.  It, of course, is pink since Evee and I were doing it together and pink is the only logical color to choose!  I meant to take a picture of it when it was done - with the closure being a button and twine.

Blessings to our friend...she will be dearly missed, but she knows that :). 
A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway. -- Fr. Jerome Cummings

1 comment:

  1. So sweet Jamie. Such a great gift idea. I love the fact that Evee helped you make it. You're such a great mom.

    Not only does she love dresses, but pink, too. Where did this girl come from in the Jackson clan? :)

    ReplyDelete