I originally made a 9 x 13 baking dish, but it's a lot. I was happy to have opportunity to share it. So this recipe is for a 8 x 8 or a similar sized baking/casserole dish.
Here's the recipe, slightly modified.
- Cut up bread into little cubes - enough to fully fill your baking dish
- Combine 5eggs, 1.5 cups of milk, 1 tsp sugar, 1tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp salt
- Pour mixture over bread in baking dish
- Soak overnight
- In morning - dot it with butter and cinnamon sugar (maybe 1/8 cup of cinnamon sugar combination)
- Bake on 350 for 50 minutes
- Serve with syrup.
Here it is in pictures.
Bread into cubes.
With mixture on bread.
In the morning, before baking. With dabs of butter and cinnamon sugar.
A partly eaten breakfast dish :).
(thanks to Michelle for this recipe!)