Monday, April 13, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

I hope everyone had a great Easter yesterday! It ended up being semi relaxing for us in the midst of still getting stuff done :).

This week I'm hesitant to state an exact plan because I'm thinking about going to Aldi's and then possible stopping at Wegman's still on the way home because I've never been to the Aldi's here by us to see what they have and what the prices are like (although, they are always lower than anywhere else it seems). So, I'll still give the general idea for the week and the grocery list. I may have many changes this week in my follow up (watch for on Tuesday or Wednesday)!

We still have stuff for smoothies, eggs and toast, and cereal for breakfast. And I guess we've mostly been eating leftovers for lunch. Although I still have/make hummus. Evee will often just have an assortment of stuff - cheese, bread, fruit, cucumber...

This weeks meals:

Monday - Chicken or beef roast (whatever's best at Aldi's). Or, either way, I know I can get split chicken breast at Wegmans for $1.79. Have with carrots and potatoes
Tuesday - Tuna melts
Wednesday - Stir Fry
Thursday - Salmon, buiscuts, and salad (we basically have this whole meal already in the cupboard, fridge and freezer)
Friday - Chicken or beef tacos (using leftover meat from roast and adding rice from stir fry and black beans)
Saturday - Leftovers
Sunday - Frozen Pizza (this is $3.99 at Wegmans for a good sized pizza!)

Shopping list for this week
  • Wipes
  • Flour
  • Bananas
  • Other fruit on sale
  • Toilet paper
  • Coffee
  • Pizza
  • Tuna
  • Butter
  • Popcorn
  • Carrots
  • Taco shells
  • Chicken
  • Bread
I'm not even going to guess on the price since I don't know what it will be like at Aldi's. I figure that I could get all of this (including 4 lbs. of the chicken to use next week too, since you have to buy the club pack) at Wegmans for about $38. So, that or less is the plan!

What I figure I'll for sure get at Wegmans, unless it is significantly less or looks just as good at Aldi's is coffee and pizza.

I hope you meal plan this week and have a great day! Make sure to check out the other plans posted at Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

  1. I'm eager to hear your Aldi's experience--I've been meaning to go back there.

    I'm also interested to hear if you have any thoughts on nutrition at Aldis (the prices are cheaper, but is the fat/sodium content higher?).

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete