- I saved money on oil - I went with Canola oil instead. I hope it's just this one time :). We leave for Clint's summer internship in about 6 weeks, so I didn't want to get the massive thing of oil that last awhile and is cheaper per quart. But, I didn't want to spend more per quart and get a smaller one. So, I settled...
- I also saved $.50 on bananas. Just didn't need the whole 4 lb. We still had some left from before, too.
- We spent more because I forgot to put whole wheat pitas on the list - $1.79.
- I also got bagels and cream cheese :). But, I found cheaper Wegmans brand bagels for $1.59 instead of the usual price I pay of over $3. So, good to know!
- The detergent I thought was still on sale wasn't. I still got one that was on sale, but it was $1.50 more than the one I was going to buy.
- And, shower soap was $1 over what I predicted. This is something that we don't buy every week, so I wasn't sure. Now I will remember the price better!
- I didn't get watermellon for $.99/lb. It didn't look too good - so that saved us.
- I added ShopRite brand chocolate chips to make cookies for the week. So, that added $1.99.
- I spent $4.60 on chicken instead of the great deal I thought I was going to get with their chicken on sale. I'm not 100% sure, but I felt that their on sale chicken prices were the same as what I spend regularly at Wegmans. It took awhile trying to figure out what to get since the sale had advertised as low as $.53/lb on some chicken, but then when I got there I couldn't find anything as cheap as that and the other stuff was like normal prices to me. A bit frustrating. But they did still have the great strawberry sale!
Thankfully we already have salmon for next week from the bag I got this week. I'll see what else is in the cupboards/freezer as well!
Hope your meal planning is going well this week! Our chicken pot pie looks good for tonight and it was really easy to prepare ahead of time.