Cleaning, however, is a struggle for me. I know the importance of it, but it can easily be looked over in a tidy home. Generally (and honestly), I clean once a week and do general pick ups throughout the day including wiping down the kitchen counters and table. I can't say that I ever do hard core cleaning - maybe once a year, but most likely just when we move in and out of a place.
Recently I was sent a copy of Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home. I was excited to get this book that offers "uncomplicated and hardworking tips for a clean & happy home" as well as "no-nonsense advice that will inspire you to clean like the dickens".
Mrs. Meyer, who wrote the book, is exactly what the book states - a no nonsense cleaner who tells you like it is. She raised 9 kids in a small home, all while keeping it clean and tidy! I was also thrilled to see lots of tips and ideas for green cleaning from someone who has been doing it for years! Her goal seems to be to stay on top of cleaning while staying practical, saving money, and reducing/reusing resources.
Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home is designed in such a way that it could be read through or used as an easy reference. She starts off with a chart of what to clean and how frequently, how to do spring and fall cleaning, and then she goes through each room stating what "tools" you'll need and how to clean particular areas within that space.
You will love the way this book covers a wide array of cleaning and household issues - everything from creating your own compost to getting rid of particular smells. The great thing is that it helps maintain simplicity in knowing what to clean and when. It also saves money in having the right products (and a lot of them can be made).
Hachette Book Group is giving away up to 5 copies of this book to Baby Get Green readers! So...
- Just leave a comment here stating what your best cleaning tip is (or just that you really need the book :))
- For an additional entry you can subscribe to Baby Get Green and you'll also get info about saving money and meal planning. Subscribe at the top of the blog and leave another comment.
- If you already subscribe, just put that in a comment
- Just make sure there is a way to contact you through e-mail when you leave a comment.
- We'll keep this contest going through next week Friday(3/20) and I'll contact the winners to get your address and they will ship the book right to you!