Thursday, January 8, 2009

Organizing your "to-do" list

I saw this article yesterday and wanted to pass it on. I found it helpful as far as being simplistic and knowing what you're aiming for in the day.

I also find that keeping a running list is also helpful for me so that I don't forget stuff. The last couple months of 2008 I felt like I was missing stuff frequently because I simply didn't remember! It got pretty sad. I have always been a fairly organized person and really enjoy being organized. Then life became more about flexibility with having a little one. And, I also loved that - that we were able to go with the flow. But, now I really think its better for us to have some routine to our lives.

So, over the last couple weeks of December I worked on making an organization binder with goals - both long term and short term - as well as calendar, ideas, stuff to get done each week, etc. I LOVE it! I'm so glad that I spent the time going through and making it happen. We also read a great book over the holidays called The Three Big Questions for a Frantic Family: A Leadership Fable About Restoring Sanity To The Most Important Organization In Your Life. Both Clint and I found it to be really helpful. It's a quick read, too, and fun.

Anyway, I'll have to do a proper review post on the book sometime, but all to say that I'm feeling ready in this new year to be organized and get things accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment