Monday, December 29, 2008

New Year's Resolutions - Part 1

“it matters what you do with a year. it counts. the old is the foundation for the new.” – Ann Kiemel in I Love the Word Impossible.

It just so happens that I’ve been evaluating my life as the new year approaches…pretty convenient. :) I’ve really enjoyed it – it’s been motivating and hopeful and full of joy. What do I want for the year ahead, for our home, for our family and my life? I get to think about it, plan it out, make decisions and feel the consequences.

Today I’ll just write about the questions I’ve been thinking about and tomorrow I’ll share how I hope and plan to make it happen. Now, no promises to you all, but this is what I’ve been thinking over and what I’ll strive to do. And, I’m actually not going to share any of my own specifics at this time, just how I’ve been going about it.
  • Re-looking at my mission statement and what that means for our family and for me personally (I’ll eventually write about a mission statement stuff).
  • What is my desire for home, business, personal development?
  • What are some realistic goals in those categories for this next year? I’ve been thinking more about business, but also for family and our home as well.
  • What do I need to do to organize these goals and accomplish them?
I’m sure there are many other things to think about, but these have been most helpful for me. I enjoy reflecting on the year past and the year ahead and how I may want things to be different and how to be active and intentional in making it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment