Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Make Your Own" - Cheese Ball

So, here's the new "Make Your Own" section of this blog (hopefully to continue each week!). At a Christmas party last week, a friend made a cheese ball. I wish I had a picture because it looked beautiful and it was REALLY good. She said it's easy...I haven't made my own yet because she let me take home some leftovers :). So, here is the cheese ball recipe directly from her...enjoy!

2 pkgs (8oz) cream cheese

3/4 C crumbled blue cheese(~3-4 oz)

3 C shredded sharp cheddar (~12 oz)

1 small onion, finely chopped (~1/4 C)

1 Tbl Worcestershire sauce

Roll in chopped pecans

Place cheeses in mixing bowl, let stand at room temperature until softened. Beat in onion and Worcestershire sauce on low speed, until fluffy. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours. Shape into one very large ball or small 1" balls(I usually make two med sized ones). (can freeze at this point). Roll in pecans and chill for 2 hours.

This is really easy, but does require some advanced planning since it has to chill for a while. I ended up making 2 different sized balls – depending on the crowds I was planning on serving them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment