Monday, December 22, 2008

Joy & Peace

Over the past few weeks I’ve been thinking of the verse saying, “You will go out with joy and be led forth with peace.” It’s on a sign going out of our church parking lot and I always say it as I leave, declaring it true in my life. I’ve also, obviously, been thinking a lot about peace (as you can tell from my posts). As I’ve gone over the words to this verse over and over again throughout the days, as it comes to mind, I’m hit by the simplicity and incredible beauty. Going out with joy…being led forth with peace. What better way to go and what greater way to be led but by joy and peace?! I wonder, too, if I would go out/move with more joy, if the leading would have greater peace because my perspective is right. Instead of fear, anxious thoughts, people, ______ (whatever it is for each of us) leading us – how about peace!?

Oh, and no meal plan this week. We are still having a ton of fun with friends and family! I’ll soon be back into the groove of meal planning and shopping!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the posts on peace, Jamie. Love the verse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! On Peace:

    A friend of ours always says, "Peace be to this place." when he enters an establishment. Kind of a way of bringing peace as an ambassador of the Prince of Peace. I think it's great, and try to remember to do this... it reminds me that I should bring deep-soul peace to the people I interact with.

    ReplyDelete