Thursday, December 11, 2008

Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas

With the holidays amongst us now, I thought I'd post a list of ideas for homemade Christmas gifts for those who may want to have (or need to have) a more frugal holiday season :). They could easily be gifts for anyone - mom, dad, extended family, siblings, nieces/nephews, etc... I shared these in my last monthly newsletter, so sorry for those who are getting a repeat!

Here they are -
  • Mod-podge journal
  • Jewelry - bracelet, ring, necklace, etc.
  • Homemade game - great idea to send to cousins or family friends
  • Calendar - filled with pictures you've taken, quotes, memories, encouragement, favorite qualities about the person
  • Coasters with pictures on them
  • Cards - one step further, make your own recycled paper and make cards out of that
  • Memory box
  • IOU or "coupon book" - babysitting, organizing, back rubs, dinner, etc.
  • Recipe box with a dinner or baked good along with it
  • Homemade natural products - soaps, bubble bath, salts, etc.
  • Thrift store purchases
  • Homemade goodies - fudge, salsa, berry preserves, bread
  • Vintage pots and vases with bulbs and soil
  • Used books or magazines (I love handed down Real Simple!)
  • Crocheted or knitted items - blankets, shaw, scarf, slippers, hats, mittens, etc. (If you want any of my instruction on how to crochet and to get free patterns, just send me an e-mail asking for them!)
  • Corn bag (heat/cold pack) - I'll be posting how to make one of these later in the month!
Also, after getting a good number of e-mails about the crocheted slipper/socks from this post, I've decided that it would be fun to have a weekly post called "Make Your Own" and then whatever it is. So, hopefully I'll be able to share, in more detail, about some of these as well as other things I come upon from our life and others. It's amazing what you can make on your own, with a bit of desire and effort!

On Monday I'll be sharing a few ways to make Christmas simpler!

No comments:

Post a Comment