Monday, February 21, 2011

quiet nights

I found myself equally excited to have a quiet night at home by myself (after the girls were in bed, of course) and equally sad that Clint wasn't around to join me.

And yet, it was wonderful to
pull out the sewing machine
eat popcorn and drink wine (classy, I know)
watch a movie while also working on a sewing project
quietly move around the house, doing random things
read in bed for a few moments before drifting to sleep

The night, the quiet, and being alone...there are times I find them comforting and peaceful.  Like a good friend.
"Being solitary is being alone well: being alone luxuriously immersed in doings of your own choice, aware of the fullness of your own presence rather than the absence of others."
- Alice Koller

No comments:

Post a Comment