Monday, January 17, 2011

a name

Thinking back I'm realizing that we've thought a lot about names over the last 8 months or so.

Most importantly, what to name our second child.  I remember sitting at dinner a couple nights before little Iris arrived thinking through what to call the baby within me.  We finally dwindled the lists (one for a boy and another for a girl) down to a "top name" for each.  And in the end it was sweet Iris Mae.

Soon after that we felt certain we were to "birth" or "plant" a church in New Zealand.  We have gone back and forth so many times in these months and are still waiting to land on a name...one that resonates with how we dream the church to be.

And, on a much smaller scale (but still important to me) what to name my little corner of the online world.  Babygetgreen fit for a time and fit the original intention, but it doesn't so much any more.  Do I just stick with it, figuring it really doesn't matter in the end?  Do I think of something new that is a more appropriate fit?  I don't know.

I guess I just figured I'd acknowledge the new look here and the bit of awkwardness I feel with the title.

Thanks for listening friends.  If you happen to have a suggestion feel free to share :).

No comments:

Post a Comment