Monday, December 27, 2010

the end of a day

It was a quiet day here. 

The snow came yesterday, in the afternoon.  I'm always reminded of the uniqueness of this community when the heavy snows come.  No driving necessary to enjoy dinner with friends.

Lots of reading.  Organizing.  A few games played today. 

Evee loves the snow and I don't know where she gets it.  She wanted to wear her snow suit, even when we came back inside.

A meal put together.  Quiet around the table.

Enjoyed opening a late Christmas package with many treats inside. 

Evee learned how to play tic-tac-toe...continuously asking Clint not to block her so that she could win.  She was slow at making her way to bed.

Iris sat by me on the couch after a feed.  She crosses her legs, on her own.  It amuses me every time.  She leaned her head against me and I could feel the rhythm of her breathing.

The girls in bed and me tired.  Clint was reading.  I shed a few tears for semi-silly emotions.  Talked it out with Clint.  The emotions went with the tears and now I feel content. 

Worked a bit on this pattern.  It took way to many starts for something I already know how to do.  But eventually I got it.  Finished one square, so I should be good for the rest.  I love the look of these little slippers.  Which, by the way, most of my family members may end up with before the end of 2011. 

And now to bed. 

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment