Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Remember

Notes to myself...

Remember needing direction and be unsure
Remember being alone
Remember being desperate for a child and having hopes dashed each month
Remember losing a child while it was still early in growing inside of you
Remember losing faith and doubting God
Remember having a first baby and being overwhelmed
Remember having a second baby and being so tired
Remember the seasons that were life is too busy
Remember needing help
Remember being in transitions...again and again
Remember to open my eyes to see all that I don't know and haven't experienced

There is so much beauty in life, but also a lot of hardness.  I believe beauty is or can be found in the midst of all the above (of course SO much beauty in new life), but it is or can all be hard as well.

In the midst of this current season where the theme many days is "make it through" and it's hard to get outside myself, I am reminded of the times in life that are difficult and opportunities to be community in the midst of them...encouragement through either shared experiences or straight up empathy and thoughtfulness.  I'm reminded of this every time someone has shown me love...sometimes in seemingly the smallest of ways.

When things are easily peaceful, running smooth the majority of the time, and sleep is coming in longer lengths of time, I want to remember these moments now (and those above) to somehow, hopefully pass on love. 

All while remembering that...
there are a lot of things I have not experienced
a lot of hardship I have not suffered
others are in the same moments as me 
others have waited longer, prayed harder, loved more than I can even imagine
every experience is unique

BUT we can be together in the midst of it.  To bring beauty, peace and love to life...ours and others.
"Love is a fruit, in season at all times and within reach of every hand.  Anyone may gather it and no limit is set.  Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary." - Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment