Monday, April 5, 2010

The best cookies ever...

There's been enough loving of these cookies by others that I thought I'd share this recipe here.  It's for regular chocolate chip cookies, but people keep mentioning their love for them...so maybe they are extra special.   Probably the real buttery goodness...

It's the recipe my dad and mom used growing up with a minor change.  I'm pretty sure we at the dough straight much more than we ever baked cookies - so I can assure you that the recipe is good for both baking and plain batter. 


With no further ado...
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Beat together
  • 3/4 cup butter (I partially melt it first)
  • 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. milk
  • 1 Tbsp. vanilla
Add 1 egg and beat
Add and beat together
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
Add 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips and mix by hand.
Bake for 8-10 minutes

I've thought about adding oats as well - inspired by this recipe oatmeal cookies that I shared quite awhile back. 

I do believe a key to them being so tasty is taking them out of the oven when they are just slightly starting to brown on the bottom.  This makes them oh so tasty! 

4 comments:

  1. oh my, Evee's hair is getting so long! She looks like a little dancer in this photo! so cute! and glad to have your cookie recipe. You're oatmeal cookies are still my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what in the world... Evee looks so grown up. I cannot believe it. She looks beautiful.
    Thanks for the recipe, and i agree with julie - i love the oatmeal cookies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! The cookie dough that never made it to the oven. I blame that tradition on your Dad! :)

    ReplyDelete