Baking mix like Bisquick
Cooking dried beans
We also like to make our own biscuits instead of using Bisquick, since we don't buy that anymore. Last year a friend told me that she makes her's from scratch and so I looked up a recipe. I'd made them with the master mix (above), but realized they are really easy to make without that mix as well. It is so easy and they are really good. That way, you know exactly what's going into them too.
So, here is the recipe I've adjusted a bit from the original one I got (and this is how I mix it to not have to use more than one bowl...do it how it works best for you).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a bowl
- Add in 1 cup flour (I use 1/2 wheat & 1/2 white flour) - just put on top of the butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Pour in 1/2 cup milk
- Mix all ingredients in the bowl - mix well
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Makes 5-6 smaller biscuits, double recipe for larger biscuits