Notes about the meal plan
- We do have chicken pockets already in the freezer.
- I also already have the stuff for chili - so that's one meal that won't be on the shopping list, but that I will make.
- Evee and I will head out next Tuesday. So I might as well make meals through then since its only a day extra. As far as being gone, though, I will still be here and hope to come up with some good food combinations, even though I might not being making them all.
- I have a few items already that would be needed this week - milk, onions, & spaghetti sauce (which is $.99 this week!), carrots, frozen beef (or I'd do vegetarian for the spaghetti pie).
Breakfasts - eggs & toast or cereal - have the cereal & milk already
Lunches - Leftovers, tuna melts, noodles & cheese - have all these already
- Monday - Chili (+ freeze)
- Tuesday - Potato Soup
- Wednesday - Chicken Roast w/ veggies & potatoes
- Thursday - Meat & potato quiche (with leftover chicken) & veggies
- Friday - holiday party where we'll eat
- Saturday - Chicken Tortilla Soup (+ freeze)
- Sunday - Spaghetti Pie (+ freeze)
- Monday - Tacos (+ freeze meat for further use)
Shopping List (excluding staple items)
- 2 Canned tomatoes (for chili - 1 extra can & tortilla soup) - $.39 x 2 = $.78
- Potatoes - $1.99 for 5# bag
- Whole Chicken - $.79/# = $5
- Broccoli - $1.29/# = $2
- Frozen Corn - $.89
- Frozen Peas - $.89
- Pasta - $.69
- Mozz. cheese - $2.50
- Chipotle or hot sauce
- Bell peppers - frozen, if they have them, otherwise the cheapest assortment
- Sour cream
- Oranges (on sale) - $2.99 for 4# bag
- Colgate (on sale) - $2.29
- Bread (on sale) - $.99 (and yes, it is just the cheap white bread, but I've been making my own for a bit now and am not going to until I get back and just don't want to spend the money :))
- Eggs (on sale) - $1.99